1 Beet root
1 cup – curd/yogurt
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
5 – 6 leaves of karipatta
1 tbsp Coriander leaves
A pinch Asafoetida
1/4 tablespoon of green chilli
2 tablespoons of ghee or oil
Sugar and salt as per taste
1. Cut the beet root into 4-5 large pieces.
2. Partially boil with water.
3. Peel off the skin and grate finely.
4. Add the grated beet to the beaten curd/yogurt.
5. Heat the oil.
6. Add Mustard and Cumin seeds to the oil and wait till they flutter.
7. Add asafoetida and karipatta.
8. Add finely chopped green chilli.
9. Add the oil to grated beetroot curd mix as prepared in step 4.
10. Add salt and sugar and mix together.
12. Chill and serve beetroot raita.