- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
1 Cup Gram flour (besan)
1 Cup Whole wheat flour (atta)
1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon Carom seeds (ajwain)
1 tablespoon Dried pomegranate seeds (anardana)
3 -4 Green chillies- chopped
1 Onion , chopped
Salt - to taste
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
2 tablespoon Fresh coriander leaves- chopped
1 tablespoon Oil - for greasing
1. Take gram flour and whole wheat flour in a bowl.
2. Roast cumin seeds, carom seeds, and dry pomegranate seeds. Pound them to a powder.
3. Add green chillies, onion, salt, turmeric powder, coriander leaves and mix well with gram flour and whole wheat.
4. Add one tablespoon of oil and the pounded spice powder and knead into a dough. Cover and rest the dough for about 10 minutes.
5. Divide the dough in 15-20 equal portions and roll into balls. Further roll each portion into a roti.
6. Heat a tawa and roast the rotis with a little oil till both sides are well done.
7. Serve Missi Roti hot with a dollop of butter.
Provide your feedback for Missi Roti recipe page