- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
1 heaped cup - gram flour
2 tsp - curds or 1 tbsp - lemon juice
3 & 1/4 cups - water
1 pinch - turmeric powder
1 pinch - asafoetida powder
salt to taste
3 to 4 tbsp - grated coconut
2 tbsp - finely chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsp - oil
¼ tsp - mustard seeds
¼ tsp - cumin seeds
1 tsp - white sesame seed (til)
1. In a bowl mix together gram flour, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, salt, curds or lemon juice and water.
2. Blend well with a hand blender.
3. Pour this batter in a heavy bottomed vessel.
4. Place the vessel on the gas.
5. Cook on a medium flame stirring continuously till the mixture thickens.
6. To check if the khandvi is ready, spread out a tbsp of the mixture on the back of a thali.
7. Cool for five minutes.
8. If the spread comes out clean, it shows that the mixture is ready.
9. Pour the remaining mixture on the back of the thali and spread it out instantly.
10. Cool for five minutes.
11. Cut into strips and roll each strip.
12. Heat oil in a small kadai, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and til.
13. When the seeds splutter, pour this tempering evenly over the khandavi.
14. Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves.
15. Delicious khandvi is ready to serve.
Provide your feedback for Khandvi recipe page