- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Vegetable Vermicelli Upma
2 cups Vermicelli
1 medium Potato -Cut into small cubes
1 medium Carrot -Cut into small cubes
5-6 florets of Cauliflower - chopped
1/4 cup Green peas
1 medium Green capsicum, unseeded and chopped
1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
2 teaspoons Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal)
1 inch Ginger, chopped
1 medium Onion , chopped
2 Green chillies, slit
1/4 teaspoonTurmeric powder
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
Salt to taste
4 tablespoons Oil
1. Boil potato, carrot and cauliflower in two cups of water. Add French beans and peas and boil further for five minutes. Drain and cool.Heat five cups of water, bring it to a boil, add vermicelli, salt and two tablespoons of oil. Cook for one minute or till slightly underdone. Drain, refresh under cold water and keep aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in a pan, temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add urad dal, ginger and onion. Saute well till the onion turns light brown.
3. Add green chillies and stir. Add the cooked vegetables, green capsicum, turmeric powder and sauté for four to five minutes.
4. Add cooked vermicelli, salt and stir gently. Cook for five to six minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Mix in lemon juice and serve hot Vegetable Vermicelli upma.
Provide your feedback for Vegetable Vermicelli Upma recipe page