- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
1 cup Split green gram skinless (dhuli moong dal)
1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
2 Green chillies
2 tsp Ginger paste
A pinch of Asafoetida
1 small Carrot, chopped
1 small Onion , chopped
1 small Tomato, chopped
1/4 cup Green peas
Fresh coriander leaves- chopped
1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
Oil to shallow fry
Salt - to taste
1. Soak moong dal in two cups of water for two hours. Grind with cumin seeds,Ginger and green chillies.
2. Add salt,chilli and asafoetida and mix well.
3. Mix chopped carrot, chopped onion, chopped tomato, green peas and chopped coriander leaves with this. Keep aside.
4. Heat tava and put some oil on it..5. Spoon about one ladle of batter on to the tava and spread it to make a pancake with a diameter of about four to five inches. Shallow fry for about half a minute.
6. Spoon a little oil on the sides of the chilla and cook for fifteen seconds on medium heat.
7. Turn the chilla over and let it cook on the other side for two minutes on low to medium heat. Spoon oil on the sides of the chilla and turn it over. Cook for another minute on moderately high heat.
8. Vegetable Cheely are ready to serve.
Provide your feedback for Vegetable Cheelay recipe page