- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Ingredients for Rai ki mirch
1/2 kg. thick green chilli
3/4 cup black salt
3/4 cup mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1/2 cup saunff( grounded )
1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tablespoons oil
Method for Rai ki mirch
1. Wash and dry the chillies thoroughly.
2. Remove the tops and slit each chilli lenghtwise. Tap to remove seeds.
3. Mix together the black salt, sauff, mustard powder, asafoetid, turmeric powder and oil.
4. Fill this mixture into the chillies and place them in a sterilised bottle. Top with any remaining mixture.
5. Add the lemon juice and shake the bottle well.
6. Store for at least 1 day before serving.
7. Refrigerate for longer use.
Provide your feedback for Rai ki mirch recipe page