- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Ingredients for Methi Mathri:
2 cups - all purpose flour (maida)
1/3 cups - semolina (suji)
1 tbs-kasoori methi
1 tsp - ajwain seeds
1 tbs-whole coriender seed- crushed
1 tbs-dry red chillies- crushed
Salt - to taste
Method to make Methi Mathri:
1. Sieve all purpose flour, suji ,ajwain,coriender seed,dry red chillies, kasoori methi and salt together.
2. Add vegetable oil and mix it very well.
3. Then add small quantity of water and make a smooth dough.
4. Make small round rolls with dough.
5. With the help of a rolling pin, roll it into thick round shape (about 3 inch diameter).
6. Fold it in half then fold it again to give it triangular shape and roll it again.
7. Pierce every mathri with the help of fork or knief.
8. Put 4-5 mathri in hot oil, deep fry on low to medium, till light brown.
9. Drain on a kitchen papert towel and bring to room temperature.
10. Methi Mathri is ready to be served or stored in air tight container.
Provide your feedback for Methi Mathri recipe page