- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Ingredients for Chakli:
2 cup Rice flour
1 cup Gram flour
1 tbsp Carom seeds
1 tbsp White sesame seeds
1 tsp Red chili powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/4 cup Melted butter
2 cups - Lukewarm water
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
Method to make Chakli:
1. Sieve the rice and gram flour together in a bowl.
2. Add carom seeds, white sesame seeds, red chili powder, asafoetida, salt and mix together. Then add melted butter and mix.
3. Add little water and make dough. Dough should not be too stiff nor too loose.Take little dough and fill into the chakli mold.
4.With the chakli presser, press and shape it like chakli and keep in a plate on paper napkin.
5. Make a bunch and keep ready to fry in oil. Heat oil in a wok . Carefully slide shaped chakli dough into the hot oil.
6. Fry both sides on a medium high heat, till crisp and golden.
7.Take off the oil and drain on a paper towel. The cool them
8 Crispy chakli is ready to be served.
Provide your feedback for Chakli recipe page