- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
Ingredients for Plum Chutney:
5 - ripe plums
2 tbsp - raisins
1 tablespoon - mustard oil
1 teaspoon - pachforan (mixture of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, black cumin seeds, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds)
1 teaspoon - red chilli powder
A pinch - haldi powder
2 tbsp sugar
Salt - to taste
Method to make Plum Chutney:
1. Boil the plums in a little water.
2. After cooling, deseed them.
3. Then boil again and add sugar .
4. Add haldi, salt, chill powder and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add the raisins.
5. Cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Heat mustard oil in a frying pan. Season it with pachforan.
7. Simmer again. Cool it.
8. Plum Chutney is ready to be served.
Provide your feedback for Plum Chutney recipe page