- Indian Cooking
- Fried Snacks
For Flat Rasgulla
1 litre full fat cow's milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tsp refined flour
2 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 tsp rose essence
3 cup full cream milk powder
300ml Thickened cream
1 can Condense milk
1. Boil the milk and when it begins to boil add the lime juice and continue boiling until the whey separates out.
2. Cover the vessel for 15 mins at low temperature and let it boil.
3. Take a muslin cloth and strain the curdled milk. Lightly press to strain of the water.
4. Hang this for 1/2 hour and then place a heavy weight (say 10 pound) on it for about an hour. Chaina is ready for process.
5. Take the chaina on a dry surface and knead with hand for about 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Then add refined flour and continue kneading for about 4 - 5 minutest.
7. Make small balls out of this and then flatten them a little.
8. in a pressure cooker boil water, sugar and essence to form a thin syrup.
9. Put the small flat balls prepared above in the pressure cooker.
10. Cover and cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
11. Let it cool down. Flat Rasgullas are ready.
1. In a microwaveable bowl mix full cream milk powder, thickened cream and condense milk.
2. Keep the bowl in microwave on high for 4-5 minutes then stir the mixture and again microwave it for 4-5 minutes.
3. Cool down koya.
Decorating into Bengali Peda:
1. Over the flat rasgulla arrange the khoya.
2. Over Khoya arrange cut almonds and grated pistachios.
3. Delicious Bengali Peda is ready is ready to be served.
Provide your feedback for Bengali Peda recipe page